Friday, September 26, 2008

Good-bye, old clothes


Every time I go in my closet, I'm surrounded by clothes that don't fit me. Maternity clothes that are too big and weird on me. Pre-pregnancy clothes that I can't squeeze into anymore. So I got rid of it all. One bag of donations, two bags of clothes I hope will fit me again someday, and one bag of maternity clothes. I'm not left with much at all. Most of what I have now is maternity stuff that doesn't look too weird. I'm trying to be hopeful that my old clothes will fit again someday, but I'm not sure. I think my pants might never fit again. I think my hips are permanently wider. Score.

Lily had to get rid of some of her clothes, too. She's outgrown another round of stuff. She's now wearing size 6 months stuff. It's a little big on her, but it fits her better than the 3 month stuff. She also outgrew her first bed, the little glider/chair/cradle thing. We started hearing banging in the middle of the night from her flapping and flailing her little arms around -- she was hitting the edges of the glider. So now she's in the bassinet for as long as we have her in our room. Next stop: her crib.  

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Kate, It is so true what they say about getting back to pre-pregnancy normality: 9 months up...9 months down. So go easy on yourself. Everything amazingly does go back on its own...and then you get pregnant again;)
    Khan! It was great to hear from you on our blog. Looking forward to when we can all hang out again..and trade wedding chaos for kiddie fun.

    ReplyDelete