Well, I have to make this quick and it's all about the pictures anyway. Last Sunday Khan and I decided to take Lily to the beach, which turned into a long day out and about. (Kinda like we used to do in our former life.)
We got up early and went to the beach around 8:30 a.m. because I was concerned about too much heat and sun. The heat wasn't a problem at that hour, and there was a nice breeze from the Gulf anyway. We didn't stay long, we were just there long enough to swing on the bench in the shade for a little bit and show Lily the water and where Mama and Daddy got married. We'll be back to the beach many, many times in the future, I'm sure.
After the beach we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a surprise visit. Never a problem for them to see one of their grandkids, so they didn't mind us just showing up like that. When we left their house, Lily was still doing great, and I wasn't ready to go home. It just felt nice to be out running around. So we went to the mall. I was on a mission to find some new sleepers for Lily because she's outgrown all of hers already. (I remember a time when I used to go to the mall to shop for shoes or shirts or something for me. I didn't even go into a store for me. Just Children's Place, Gymboree, and the children's department at Macy's.)
And Lily was cool the whole time. She was awake until we got to the mall, and she fell asleep there cruising along in her stroller. We even had lunch. Then she woke up hungry, and so she got lunch and went to sleep happy again. The one time she woke up and got fussy for a little bit, I just carried her on my shoulder and she was happy. And I have to admit I loved all the stares and second looks she got, and of course, the comments on her beautiful hair and what a beautiful baby. I was a very proud mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment