I just love this photo -- it's such a sweet father-daughter moment. Love it. While I'm on the topic, the next time I have to listen to someone babble on about how great it is that Khan's such an involved dad, I think I'm going to puke. Don't misunderstand me, he is a wonderful father. He is involved, and he takes fantastic care of his baby. But, isn't that what a father is supposed to do? I mean it's nice to hear that you're doing a good job as a parent, but it's a little ridiculous to me sometimes. Of course he's involved. She's his little princess.
Ok, vent over. Can you believe Lily is two months old already? I swear we can see changes in her every day. She's more and more responsive and interactive with us and it's so much fun. She likes to talk to us; I think she's going to be a chatty girl. She's experimenting with vowel sounds. She's also more interested in our voices. Even the singing. Yesterday she was calmed into sleep by me singing "Old McDonald Had a Farm." It's like she has no idea how annoying that song is.
This week is my last full week with her. I'm trying not to be too sad about it; I knew this day would come. It makes me sad, but I have been more at peace with it since I had those two days at work last week. I guess because we still had the evening together, and it was nice. It felt like I appreciated/enjoyed that time more than I otherwise would have. Sort of a quality versus quantity idea. Even so, if I had a choice in the matter, I would choose to stay home with my little Lily in a heartbeat.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour Old McDonald story cracked me up. hee hee. And Yes-the photo is muy sweet.
ReplyDeleteYes, this is a very sweet father/daughter photo. She is just getting so big and changing every day!! She looks like she's going to catch up to Pearl sooner than I thought! She probably weights the same with her cute baby fat rolls!
ReplyDelete