Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lily's just fine

She had her 2-month check-up today, which included lots of needles. She survived. And so did I. It wasn't pretty, though. The nurse came in with band-aids all over her shirt, like they were in "ready" position for use. I knew that was a bad sign. Poor Khan had to hold little Lily's arms down while the nurse stuck her with needles. He's a stronger person than I am. I know all these shots are for her own good, and I know that a few seconds of a needle sting is far better than the diseases she's being protected from, but ugh is it torture. She cried, I cried, and then it was over. We came home and she fell asleep on my chest. A few hours later, she woke up smiling. She was just a happy little clam. And I thought she was going to be feeling bad all day. Nope, not Lily. 

She's a healthy little peanut. She now weighs 13 pounds and 12 ounces -- that puts her into the 92% tile for weight. She's 23.5 inches, which is the 75% for height (or do I call it length?).  And everything else the doctor checked for seemed to be perfect. She's doing all the things she's supposed to be doing at her age. I had some forms that I needed the doctor to fill out for day care. So she asked me if Lily will take a bottle since she's been exclusively breastfed without formula. Yup, we've never had a problem there. She doesn't care how she gets fed, she'll take whatever she's offered, as often as she can. 

The video is our happy, smiling Lily this afternoon. She really likes that pink blanket; it's super soft and I think that's what she likes about it. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! 13 lbs and 12 oz!! Look at them rolls!! What a cutie! Yeah, them shots are no fun at all. You're right, especially for moms, it's worse. But as you can see, our babies will be fine. Dads always seem to be stronger than us in these ways. Thank goodness! Thanks for sharing the short clip! I look forward to more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete