I know, I know. We've all heard it a million times before, and we'll hear it a million times more. But I can't believe how much she's changing and how fast! First of all, she's huge. I wanted to dress her in a little piggy costume for Halloween, but Khan wouldn't let me. So we compromised on a different choice (you'll find out soon enough). But the deal is that if she doesn't fit into that costume because she outgrows it, she's going to be a piggy for Halloween.
Now she smiles. She smiles the most in the morning. Maybe she'll be a morning person like her mama. As if I could love her any more, when she smiles -- hmm -- there's really no word for it. It just makes me melt.
And she's talking to us now, too. She's discovered the sound of her own voice. (Beyond her cry, of course. She's got that figured out really well.) But she coos and she gurgles and she makes happy little exclamations.
She's got more control of her head and she holds it up for longer periods of time. She turns her head from side to side to see what's going on around her. She's content to sit and just hang out for longer periods of time, now. She's happy to sit in her chair while I get dressed and such in the morning, and she'll sit happily in her chair out on the patio with mama and daddy in the evenings.
For the first time ever yesterday, she fell asleep in her swing. We've put her in her swing for a few minutes here or there, but she gets bored with it quickly and we have to pick her up. But yesterday, we got home from our walk, and I put her in her swing for a few minutes. And before I knew it, she was asleep. And she slept for almost an hour and a half in her swing.
I love watching her grow and change, but I hate it, too. Whenever I see other kids, I just can't imagine little Lily growing up to be that big, too. She's just my little baby girl right now, and I like it that way. I can't win at this battle, though. All I can do is just enjoy the moments I have with my little baby girl before she won't let me hold her like this anymore. Ugh.
Well...there is one other thing I can do. Document, document, document. No one will be able to accuse us of not taking enough pictures of Lily. I added a ton more today -- more posed pictures and more candid-at-home photos. Enjoy.
Before I even read what you wrote, I saw Lily's sweet pic and thought-Wow has she grown and changed! I remember when Mara was a baby and I didn't want that to change-mom's with older kids told me that they loved the stages their kids were in just as much-I thought, 'yeah, right, you're just trying to make yourself feel better' But turns out it is SO true. Every new day added to her absolutely rocks in so many ways and I love each moment.Thanks so much for helping me with my blog-you have inspired me, I've been addicted to yours-crying, laughing and smiling all the way.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing the pictures. She is soooo cute!! What a sweet adorable smile! It just melts your heart, doesn't it? These babies grow fast, as you know. Wish time would stand still sometimes, huh?
ReplyDelete