That's what this post is. I'm avoiding Christmas pictures. I'll get to them, I swear. In the meantime, these pictures suck, but the story makes up for it in cuteness.
I was home with Lily the other day, trying to get things cleaned up, reorganized, and put away for the next 11 months. During rapid cleanup, we stuck our plastic serving trays on top of the cupboards. There were three serving platters, one giant bowl with a punch ladel, a three-compartment tray, and a bear-shaped cake pan. I stood on a chair and pulled them down to put them away. Lily came along and announced she wanted to help. So I handed each item to her to set down for me. She did, and then she began to play with them, doing pretend things, lining them up, and other odd things that toddlers do. Fine, no problem. I went about my business cleaning up the house.
A few minutes later, Lily wandered around the house saying "Meeuw? meeuw? meeuw?" I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "Where Kitty?"
We found Kitty sleeping in Lily's room, and Lily said "Wake up, Kitty! Lunch!" as she marched out of the room.
Moments later, she reappeared with the three-compartment tray on top of the serving platter. A spoonful of yogurt had been placed in each compartment, and a spoon was provided, too. She gleefully told Kitty to wait as she ran back to get the other two trays she had prepared.
Oh, my heart broke. How do you explain cat behavior to a toddler?
She smiled and was better, and so was I.
How long will I have this power? Please tell me it's forever. I don't know what I'll do without it.
So adorable- she does like to "cook" and serve, doesn't she? As for the power- you will have it for quite a long time- sadly, not forever-
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful story! Lily is quite the little cook and hostess! I think Nancy's right, though -- that power to make everything better, that only moms have, lasts a long time, but not forever. :~( So enjoy it while you have it! And give Lily a kiss for me!
ReplyDelete