Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas v.MN, Part 1

Pretty sure I'm the last mommy blogger on the planet to post about Christmas, but my laptop is out of commission, so my computer access is limited. We have another computer in the house, but I can't hide from Lily as easily with it. So I'm behind, but I'm getting caught up. Here's our Christmas Recap, the mini-series. We'll start in Minnesota.

There was a LOT of snow in Minnesota.


Poor Princess was barely visible. We definitely weren't in Florida anymore.

Ben and Jen (Bellingham's most nearly-nauseatingly adorable couple) were already there.

We went to Stillwater to poke around a bit. Stillwater is a cute little town on the river with fun little shops and restaurants. It's a definite place to visit if you like antique shops.
Ben amused himself the best he could.
Back at home, Nana still had some cookies to decorate. Lily put on her brand new, cookie-bakin' apron that Nana made her and was ready to frost and sprinkle. She liked the sprinkles.

A lot.

If you don't mind her methods, Lily's cookies were especially yummy because of her generous frosting and sprinkling techniques.
Outside, Ben and Jen were playing in the snow. They built a tunnel/fort.

They were very proud of their work.


Mom has this tree in the front yard with bright red berries on it. It was so pretty in all the snowy whiteness, I really wanted to get some pictures of it.
But my fingers got icy and I got sick of trying.
Daddy and Lily came out to play in the snow, too. Lily had a bucket and giant spoon and was ready to build a snow castle.

Khan played with the white stuff, too. Y'all have no idea how badly he wanted to throw that thing at me.

At first it was great, but then this happened. Lily just wanted to move her hood out of her eyes, but her mitten was covered in snow.
And that was the end of snow castle making.




1 comment:

  1. Adorable! But who is the psycho looking Nana? Yikes- what a picture- Lily with the snow in her face reminds me of you at that age in the snow- taking off your mittens- then you would be all done too

    ReplyDelete