Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas v.WI, Part 1

I swear I'm going to be caught up with Christmas before Valentine's Day.

In fairness, I do have all my decorations taken down, boxed up, and put away. We just finished that yesterday. I try, y'all, but there are other things that need my attention. Like sleep.

Anyway, so my house is a divided one, so that was Christmas in Minnesota, and here's Christmas Wisconsin-style.

We got to see Louise's Charlie Brown-inspired tree. It didn't disappoint.

One of the first things we did was pull out the sled. Lily loved it last year, but what would she think this year?
Yeah, she loved it.
Again!
Again!
I'm cute!
Again!
Again!
At first she was happy just to be towed up to the top of the "hill" and go down herself.
Then she made us go with her, one by one. Gamma went first.
Then Daddy.
And yes, then me, too.

If you know me, and the five of you who read this do, you know I don't do winter. I don't like snow. I don't like ice. I don't like snowmen, and I don't sled.

So I asked, "Do I really have to go with you?" "Yes," she said.

And then Bacca didn't get a turn because I think either Lily FINALLY got cold or I freaked her out when I screamed. I dunno.

Moving on, we did make it over to Brandy's house this year. I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see, but getting to one stop is one stop better than we did last year. Her kids are totally over posing for the camera. They called me "paparazzi." And I just said "I'll follow you until you love me."

In spite of them jumping out of sight every time I picked up my camera, I did manage a couple of pictures.


And then they showed me what life with three kids is REALLY like.
Oh fine, so there was a little horseplay to show off because that's what kids do, but the whole family makes it look easy, to be honest.
Back at our place, the rest of the family started to arrive. And then gather promptly in the kitchen for eating and drinking.

And taking pictures.
Oh, and look. Ben and Jen taught my two-year-old to play with fire. Awesome.
(I kid, I kid. she just likes to help, and they indulged her that. She doesn't play with fire. I don't think.)
And the beastmaster took care of his beasts.
And this year he has help.
I think he'll keep his title, though.
Oh, and there was more eating and drinking.
Followed by cleaning up, right after dinner. What a novel idea.
I guess we made it fun, though.

(Seriously, you'd think I had no control over posting these idiotic pictures of myself.)

3 comments:

  1. Your narrative cracks me up! I love that photo of Lils and daddy on the sled - that's a framer. And yes, I'm commenting when I should be working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos! Lily is a brave little girl, sledding by herself in a different environment! Ben and Jen (Jenjamin...) are a ridiculously cute couple, always -- wish I could have seen them in person (sigh). Some year. They need their own beastie! (Maybe I should ship Kimi to them... No, she wouldn't like Ben, he's male, she's biased). Looks like a great time was had by all. And I too would love a print of Lily and Daddy on the sled! And Lily and YOU on the sled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times, good times!
    Love,
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete