Friday, December 31, 2010

The top 10 of 2010.

And here's my dramatic conclusion to 2010, which was a wonderful year for us.

Number 10. Yes, I realize to you this is not much, but this photo is a big ole gigantic "aha" moment for me. I've been trying to wrap my brain around photography this year, which has at once been infuriatingly frustrating and highly rewarding. There's so much to learn, and I have a long way to go, but one of the basic concepts deals with your camera's aperture and depth of focus. This picture is when I finally realized that subject to camera distance matters. A lot. Number 9. Jeanette and Marina in Jeanette's new house, which I adore. I love everything about this photo.
Number 7. Five little cousins all in a row, once again. (Whoopsadoodle, number 8 was a repeat.)
Number 6. Photo quality = poor, but memory captured = good. We went to pick up Nana from the airport, and I brought my camera to catch Lily's reaction. Unfortunately for me and Mr. Camera, Nana arrived sooner than I expected and my settings were way off. Fortunately for me, Photoshop Elements could salvage it, mostly.
Number 5. Lily loves puzzles and building stuff. I know parents are often delusional about the abilities of their kids, but I'm really impressed when Lily does puzzles and plays with blocks. But I am a bit afraid that she's got some engineer-brain in her. Hmmm.
Number 4. No story to tell except that Lily loves her grandpa and he loves her, and I love this candid shot that shows it.
Number 3. I can't believe I didn't post this picture when I posted about my trip to New York. This was my favorite shot of the trip, and one of my favorite photos ever. I'd love to say it was skillz, but it was just luck. I was trying to take a picture of the Versace sign as we walked to Central Park, but then I was lucky enough to get the reflection of Jeanette on her cell and the yellow cab behind her.
Number 2 is another series. These were photos I took in an attempt to get a photo for the Christmas card, which went another way anyway. These are my favorites from our little photo session.



And my number 1 favorite from 2010. I know, I know. Big deal, right? Well, yeah. This was the day after the scare with the febrile seizure, which although it wasn't a big deal, I had no idea it wasn't a big deal. This, for me, is relief that my baby - my heart - was going to be just fine.

Happy New Year, y'all. I hope that 2011 brings much love and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love your #1 and the photo you salvaged. When, all else fails for me, I go to B&W. LOL. You've come a long way with photography in one year. In 2011 we'll have to do a photowalk! ;)

    ReplyDelete