Friday, August 28, 2009

Lily's "art" projects

Is it just me or are Lily's art skills deteriorating before they've even begun?

Check it out. Here's her very first art project ever. She painted a fall scene in October. Not bad, right? Kinda pretty. She was around 3.5 months old.


A couple of months later, she painted "snow" as a winter project. She was not quite 5months old.


Now that she's a year old, she's graduated to the toddler room. On Thursday, when I picked her up, I saw a couple sheets of construction paper in her bag. I said "oooh, what's this?" "Oh, just some art projects," the toddler room teacher told me.

When I got home, I pulled out her latest creations hoping to find something adorable that I could hang on her bulletin board. I found this one first. It's a "waterfall." Really, Lily? A waterfall? Hmmm, not so much.


And then they got all abstract and drew their feelings. WTF is this? Wait, you think it's blank. No, that's not a red mark from the scanner near the bottom. Nope. Apparently, that's an illustration of what Lily's "feeling."

1 comment:

  1. Hum...maybe it's not Lily's artistic skills that have deteriorated, but the involvement of the teacher....
    Regardless, all of their artwork is precious :)

    ReplyDelete