We've seen a lot of big changes this month. Of course, there's the crawling. But that's not the only big change we've seen. Here's a few others:
1. Separation anxiety has begun. Poor Khan. Lily cries when he drops her off at daycare. He's my hero for having the strength to go through that every day because if it were me, I think I'd have to quit my job and let the bank have the house back.
2. She holds a sippy cup all on her own. She kinda drinks from it, but it's more like she chews on it.
3. She's starting to master the pincer grasp. She can pick up small items with her thumb and forefinger.
4. She's using that pincer grasp to pick up puffs (baby finger foods) and feed herself.
5. She moved to her crib this month. She's doing fine there; I cried.
6. I moved back to the front seat of the car. Since she was born, I started sitting in the backseat with her to amuse her or put her paci back in, whatever. It just occurred to me that it's probably no longer necessary. And it's not. She amuses herself back there and her daddy and I get to sit together again.
7. She claps! It's pretty funny. I think they clap a lot at daycare, too.
8. Her repertoire of sounds is growing. She's recently added /b/, /p/, and /m/. If she ever got teeth, she might start with some other sounds besides the bilabials. (Although /d/ came first. I dunno.)
I'm sure there are other big changes that I probably haven't even picked up on yet. Every day brings us something new.
Oh how adorable!!!
ReplyDelete