Thursday, March 19, 2009

She crawls!

One day she was rocking back and forth, trying and trying. She'd figured out how to put both of her legs facing forward (as opposed to leaving one tucked under herself). She'd almost go forward, but she'd somehow end up scooting backwards. Or she'd just sit down again and flap her little arms. And the very next day, she was off. Perhaps it was all about proper motivation. Forget the toys, she wants electronics. Khan used the video monitor as the prize, and that made her go.

Exciting moment, right? Well, I missed it. I had to work late, and I missed it. I missed her first roll, too.

Don't get all "You can't be there for everything, Kate."

I don't wanna hear it.

I'm sure I'll get over my pity party after we've had some quality time together over the weekend, and she's all over the place and I can't keep up with her. I'm sure I'll be ready for her to spend some time at daycare crawling all around their floor. At least they offer a safe environment.

As for us, we've got some babyproofing to do this weekend, apparently.


1 comment:

  1. She crawls!!! Yay!! Now she'll REALLY keep you on your toes!! At least keep you MORE on your toes!

    ReplyDelete