with this computer geek I used to work with, the one with the smile that melts my heart. So, yup, it's time for me to dust off my heels and maybe even put on some jewelry. Gasp!
It's been a long time since we had a date -- July 25, 2008 was our last one. And we were a bit preoccupied on that one, considering the next day our lives were going to change forever and all. (And there was no way I could put heels on when I was 39 weeks pregnant. I think they would've crushed beneath me.) But tonight is about more than heels and jewelry, it's about spending time as husband and wife. You know, like we did before we were mom and dad. It turns out that having a baby puts a bit of a strain on even the most solid marriage. There has been more tension between me and Khan in these last few months than there ever was in our first five years together combined. We're OK, don't get me wrong, but between it's hard to keep your cool when you're sleep deprived, you've got a screaming baby, nothing calms the baby, your husband can't read your mind, your bills just shot up exponentially at the same time that your income went down, the baby gets sick, you have 12,000 appointments to doctors, the cat pukes for good measure, you spend your couple of evening hours getting ready for the next day, and so forth. No, of course it's not all misery. In fact, it's much the opposite, but my point is that we are definitely ready to have a night out, just for us, with no talking about the baby or the puking cat.
I mean, if Bristol Palin and what's his name can't stay together and they have all those "family values," shouldn't heathens like us know that we'll have to try that much harder?
Tammy, one of Lily's daycare teachers, is coming over at 6:00, so she'll be in good, familiar hands. So we will do our best not to worry about her and enjoy our night out. I'd keep you posted, but a lady doesn't kiss and tell.
Great!! You guys deserve this night out. But I know it'll be hard not thinking about Lily and missing her. And to have her daycare teacher watch her, perfect! Have a great time!
ReplyDelete