Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kitty...your peaceful days are numbered



Poor Kitty doesn't know it yet, but Lily is on the move. She is this close to crawling, but even without the official crawl, her mobility grows every day. She scoots, squirms, wiggles, worms, inches, rolls, flips, and flops from point A to point B. She's scooting backwards most of the time, but her forward motion is improving.

And her mobility isn't the only change we've seen lately. It's crazy how much babies change in such a short time. I know, I know, we hear this all the time, but before I experienced it, I didn't really get that we're talking about big changes from one DAY to the next. Friday Lily started waving. She doesn't really seem to be waving hello or good-bye; she has her own little wave, but it's definitely a wave and it's new. Today Lily clapped when I did -- no question about it.

Her chatter is changing, too. We're hearing a more consistent CVCVCV pattern. What is she saying? You guessed it -- dadadadada. Don't tell Khan, but I'm pretty sure she's not saying "Dada" so much as following normal English phoneme acquisition.

Some of our changes are less exciting. Lily's developed a real affinity for keyboards, cell phones, and remote controls. Take it away from her and she cries. That surprised me the first time it happened. For now, we can usually solve the problem by redirecting her to something she can play with and she forgets within a few seconds.

My sweet baby Lily is racing towards toddlerhood and I'm trying to sit back and enjoy it. But there's such a strong part of me just keeps looking backward, wishing we could just stay here for a while longer. Just a little while longer.

1 comment:

  1. Your little Lily...they grow so fast, huh?? Poor Kitty. Watch out because here comes Lily--soon!

    ReplyDelete