Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lily's first day

We all made it through today. Dad took Lily in to day care, stayed to play for awhile, and left work early to pick her up so her first day would be a short day. He said she was doing well when he left her and when he picked her up. She was curious about he new place and just looking around. He said she also liked watching the other babies. Lily was just fine. 

Mama was a bit of a mess. I thought I was going to be OK when I left in the morning. I only cried a little. Got to work, got started on my day. I don't know what happened, but I started crying around 9 a.m. I pulled it together and called day care to check on my baby. But I started crying again and couldn't ask any questions. Miss Amy told me that Lily was doing just fine. She said that she was a little sad when Daddy left her, but they rocked her to sleep and she napped for awhile. I called back later around lunchtime. I got to ask my questions and was assured that Lily was still doing fine. 

The day went along, but it didn't get any easier. But it finally ended and I went home to my girl. Day care sends a little note everyday to tell me what I missed. Here's Lily's first report card: 

"Today I had a wonderful first day of school! I was very sad to leave my daddy in the a.m., but after meeting and cuddling with my teacher, I felt more at ease. I was a happy girl and shared my pretty smile with my teachers and my new friends. I was sure to let my teachers know when I was hungry though. Don't worry Mom and Dad, I missed you lots but my teachers and friends were very nice and they love me already." -- Miss Amy and Miss Tammy

1 comment:

  1. First days are ALWAYS hard. I know that I don't need to tell you that. It's not going to be easy the first few weeks but I know I don't need to tell another Mother/Father that. It's great that she comes home with a daily report card of how her day went. I know I get excited reading them.

    ReplyDelete