Thursday, October 23, 2008

I heart Mondays




Who would've guessed I'd ever love Mondays. Now that I'm working Tuesday through Friday, Mondays are looking a whole lot better.

This week, Lily and I didn't do much. And I think that'll be the plan for most Mondays. We spend much of the weekend running around -- running errands, visiting people, whatever. It'll be good for Lily to have a day to just relax and be at home before starting the next work/day care week. But we did have to get out of the house because our weather is FINALLY starting to change. Lower humidity and lower temperatures means we can comfortably get out of the air conditioning.

This week, Lily and I went to the park down the street from our house. I wanted to get her out for a walk, but I don't want her to just sit in her stroller for too long, so the park was a good place for us. First, we tried out the baby swing now that Lily has good head control. She liked it! She smiled (not on camera, of course) and I pushed her back and forth a little. Then we got out of the sun and had some tummy time on her blanket. I chatted with another playground dad; he works at home. We talked about the various playgrounds and parks in the area.

Mondays at home are good for me, too. I think it even helps me at work; I feel a little more focused. And, I can actually enjoy my Sundays now. I used to get the Sunday blues, bad. And so far, there have been no Monday blues -- just quality time with my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! She's got good head/neck support now! Soon she'll be crawling, chasing after Kitty..lol. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete