Monday, February 7, 2011

Yes. Christmas. v.FL, Part 1 and Done.

Honestly, I had the idea to do this post, but then life got in the way here and there, I have neglected blog.etc., and I thought, "Meh, I'm sick of Christmas. I need to get to the present."

But then, I realized that much of the FL version of Christmas matters to some other people that we didn't get to see on actual Christmas, so if a couple of photos on the blog is the best way I can involve them, what can it hurt to post about Christmas in February?

So, with that, we'll pick up where we left off. Our travels back to Florida were more than a touch less than ideal. After delays, we got on our plane. And just like that, we were off the plane, and back in the Minneapolis airport.
I won't bore you with the details, but it is worth noting how amazingly wonderful my little girl was. She was so much more patient than her mama.

She earned her wings indeed.
The plan was to get home before midnight, transfer sleeping Lily to her own bed, wake up refreshed and ready to see what Santa brought back at home.

The reality was getting home after sunrise, sleeping for 5 seconds, and Lily waking up ready to start her day. Khan and I drag our way through the day, but my heart just wasn't in the picture-taking spirit. So grabbed a couple of snapshots, but that was the best I could do.

There were a few presents.
Some stocking presents.

And then there was the big one. The pink motorcycle.


And just when I thought Christmas was over, these boxes were left at our door.
And they were filled with stocking stuffers.
Some hand-made winter gear.

And some more presents. First, notice the wardrobe change. That was because it took more than one night to make it through the boxes. Second, the book is a hit, but there were two standout favorites from the box. See the cupcakes next to her knee? Yeah, she loves those. She served Daddy and me cupcakes every night.

"You want spinkles?"
The other favorite was Mommy and Daddy's minivan. She looooooves that thing. At least once a day, every day, she piles the family into the car.
And then they go for a drive while singing about the wheels on the bus going round and round.
And the gifts were awesome, but so was the box.
Thank you, Shari and Lori, for making Christmas last a bit longer and spoiling our whole family. Thank you, everyone else, for an especially wonderful Christmas this year.

2 comments:

  1. SO sorry the trip home meant hours at the Minneapolis airport -- but glad that Lily was patient (I wouldn't have been!). Also glad that she likes her mittens (at least in one photo), her cupcakes (Shari will be SO happy!) and the Loving Family Van (the wheels on the bus... sorry. Has she figured out the radio and the horn yet?!) Glad you're finally home, and away from winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinn just pointed at the mini-van and said "I play with that one?" I'm sensing a mini-van playdate in the future!

    ReplyDelete