Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Almost a soccer mom.

(Random disclaimer: I recently decided to find out what "vivid" mode means on my camera. It turns out to mean "really contrasty with skintones a la Oompa Loompa." And I'm not experienced enough in post processing to know how to fix it. So, these pictures look weird, but I wanted to post them anyway.)

So, yeah, almost a soccer mom. All I really need to do is get one of these photos turned into a photo pin and attach it to my windbreaker and I'll be set.


Khan got a cheap-o soccer ball and net, and we took it down to the park because our yard is four feet wide.
Khan was trying his most patient to show Lily how fun it was to kick the ball into the net, but she just wanted to throw it toward the aligator pond and kick it randomly.
But he kept trying, and then she got mad and wanted to take her ball and go home. More patience. And a little more trying, and Khan made some progress. Yes, Lils, kick it in there.
And then they were off, happily playing the world's easiest soccer game.


And she won, of course.
Where'd I park my minivan?

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I reminds me of a few days ago when I was trying to get Lucy to play with her bat and baseball toy. She just wanted to eat the bat and then bang it on my leg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love your pictures and commentary, you really bring us there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! When I read your first paragraph I expected wayyyy orange pics...they aren't too orange, slightly too contrasty, but not terrible! I love that photo of Lily pointing to the net...so cute!

    ReplyDelete