I love the beach.
You probably knew that already. But for as much as we love it, it's pretty shameful how rarely we actually go and take advantage of our proximity to it. A few weeks ago, that same day we went to Dunedin, we went to Honeymoon Island, too.

The place has changed some. See that crossover we're walking on? That's the same aisle I walked down and said "I do." The building behind us wasn't there in 2007.

Changes or not, I still love to be here. The beach is my church.


It's where I feel small and blissfully insignificant in the vastness of the world. Where it doesn't matter that we have yet another broken toilet in the house. And I forget that I get woken up at least 4 time a night.

I like to just sit, close my eyes and take it in.

At least for a few seconds.

And the rest of the time, I generally just have the one eye closed while I take countless pictures of these two, watching the water roll in and out.



And playing in the sand.


No sandcastle is complete without the flag.

So, for however long we were there, she built, unbuilt, and rebuilt her sandcastle.


She stopped to sing "Wheels on the Bus" every now and again.

Even with the building, the songs, there were a few quiet moments.
Hello Kate, funny I don't think I have ever commented on your blog but I love it. Your photos are fantastic. Lily has gotten so big she is beautiful!
ReplyDelete- Crystal
P.S. By the way I am Cristina's sister I met you at her baby shower with Mikaela