Sunday, February 13, 2011

Building imaginary snowmen.

Hmmm...need to see if this video actually posted. I usually have to make them really small and totally pixelated and impossible to see.

A little background: As we were getting read for bed, Lily was digging around her room looking for new ways to stall bedtime. An art she's currently perfecting. Anyway, she found her basket full of mittens and hats and such. She put on mismatched mittens and totally un-winter hat and started building a snowman. She had a whole winter scene in her mind, and she was instructing me how to build a blue snowman, and then we were building blue and pink snowmen. A better mom would've squashed the game to get her back on track to sleep, but her little imagination was so adorable, I got the video camera instead.

Oh, and the dress. That's an important detail. She and Khan came home from a long day of play in St. Pete with her cousins and grandparents. She was CRANKY TIRED, and the need to wear her Cinderella dress to bed was firmly in her mind. Because I have at least a little of the gift of mommy-foresight, I knew that there would be at least 3 tantrums before bed. So my strategy with the battle of the Cinderella dress was to convince her that this dress, which doubles well as a nightgown, is also one of Cinderella's dress. It worked. Score one for Mama.

So here's the video, if it's posted, enjoy. If not, I'll try again. It's about 3 minutes long.

BTW, it's pretty obvious she has no idea how to build a snowman for real. And I handed the video to Khan with instructions to NOT include me in the picture. He did a terrible job at that, so forgive me in my pajama'd, no makeup, Who-hair state.


1 comment:

  1. OMG! she is the cutest little girl! and a GREAT imagination!

    ReplyDelete