Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cheesiest Valentine's Day EVAH.

And I loved it.

It started out like any VDay might with a toddler (am I supposed to call her a preschooler now? I barely got used to calling her "toddler" instead of "baby") in the house.

We made valentines for Daddy.


When Daddy got home, he gave her pink tulips for Valentine's Day. Ahhh.
She was very excited about her own flowers.
So here comes the cheesy part. It started a week or so ago when I found an ad for a father-daughter Valentine's dance at a local community center. I thought Khan would love that idea, and I loved the idea of taking some pictures of them all dressed up and dancing.

Well, he wrinkled his nose at me and said, "Let's just have our own." So we did.

Lily and I decorated during the day with streamers and balloons.


When Khan got home, we all got dressed up, had dinner, and turned on some dance music. It worked out well that my scrapbook group had been at my house the day before because all the furniture was pushed against the wall so we had a big, open dance floor.

As a rule, I don't dance. There are three exceptions to this rule: (1) my wedding day because I really didn't have much choice, (2) extreme intoxication, and (3) in the privacy of my own house with just my husband and my baby. Dancing with Lily doesn't really qualify as dancing, anyway, as it turns out. It's sort of a cross between hopscotch and Ring Around the Rosie.

Lily never misses an opportunity to wear her Cinderella dress.
She discovered that she loved to slide through Daddy's legs.
Which eventually turned into straight-up rolling on the floor.
But it was fun.
Then she decided to pose for pictures. I swear! It's a new thing she's been doing. She tells me where to sit and how to smile and takes pictures with her Mickey Mouse camera several times a day. So she directed Daddy and I took the pictures.
A black and white edit just for fun, and because I love that you can't even tell that they're sitting in front of our TV.
Another location.
This was to be the third location, but she got distracted by a stray photo on the table.
And then it was Mama's turn to dance! Yes, I know I'm under no contractual obligation to post stoopid pictures of myself, but I figure it's only fair.

So we danced.
Or jumped. And it was fun.
Oh, and Lily wasn't the only one who got tulips for Valentine's Day. :-)

2 comments:

  1. What fun! You are so good about creating your own memories right at home. I need to channel some of that excitement! I love the B&W - that's a framer...it almost looks like it was a stuido portrait. BTW, Love Lilly looking at the camera and not smiling...just looking. I must get Pez!

    ReplyDelete