I wanted to keep her.
I mean, look at her. She's perfect. She's small, house trained, quiet, affectionate, and so freaking cute.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Bubba and Gizmo, too, but there are two big obstacles to stealing them. First, Gizmo is not a fan of Lily, and the two are kind of a package deal. Giz could probably get by without Bubba, but not the other way around. Second, Gizmo is a pretty hardcore mama's boy. He gets seriously depressed when she's not around.

So then we had our first weekend with Lilli. Lilli the dog/Ewok. Doesn't she just make you want to say "jib jib" and give her a cracker?

She's very sweet and timid. I thought she'd jump out of this little wagon when I tried to take her picture in it, but she froze in fear. Poor thing.
She gets along with my Lily, too, except for the sharing. My Lily is pretty territorial about her stuff now, especially her chips. And for some reason, she needed to have a chip in each hand before she could take the dog for a walk. Pretty sure you can guess what happened. 


Then, when Jason and Michelle came to pick her up, I would just pretend I didn't know them. If they pushed their way in, I could hide Lilo, ET-style.
Hmmm...but then there was the problem of work. I'd have to go to work eventually, and Jason would probably not just pass me in the hall and say "Hey, what's up, how's Lilo?"So I would make a peace offering. I took some amateur pictures of Lilo that I could give them to remember her by.







She's darling. And she does look like an Ewok, exactly! (I was thinking Gremlin until you said Ewok!) It's too bad your clever plan didn't work. Good, quiet, affectionate, house-trained dogs who don't shed are very hard to find. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lori