Monday, March 15, 2010

What about me?

I said I'd report on my progress on my stupid goals and here I am to do that.

New Year's resolutions are stupid. Personal goals are also stupid.

The only purpose they serve is to make you realize you're great at the planning and suck at the follow-through. And, yes, that really is the most important part of the plan.

Am I being too hard on myself? Yes and no. In other words, I'm doing OK on some goals and completely failing at others. Wanna know which ones? I'll bet if you know me at all you can guess pretty accurately.

Here we go.

Lose 20 pounds. Total denial. I don't believe there's any physical way that I could've lost weight over the last few weeks. In fact, I bet I weigh more now than I did when I set this goal. But my denial keeps me from getting on that damn scale. That's all I got for now on this.

Be an organized person. You know what? I'm doing surprisingly well on this front. So far this year, I've reclaimed my closet, my guest room, and my bookshelves. Also, I organized/stored/donated Lily's first year crap. I'm also getting back into the habit of using my planner, which is helping me to feel more in control of my life. Yay!

Finish decorating the living/dining room. No real progress since my last report. I got rid of my disgusting rug. Does that count?

Scrapbook monthly. :::hangs head in shame:::: How is this possible?? I've done nothing?! NO SCRAPBOOKING?? WTF is wrong with me?

Finish Lily’s baby book. Yeah, if I haven't done any real scrapbooking, I certainly haven't touched this project.

Finish my “week in 3 pictures” project
Create some kind of photo-learning project. Progress! I just got my new project going. Check it out!

Create a butterfly garden. Progress! I got the old pile of weeds cleared out and got some expert advice. Sort of. I got an expert to look at it, and now I await the advice. Patiently. No, impatiently.

Take a family vacation. Disney it is! After my last post, I got myself all ready to sell Khan on why we should go to Disney instead of Charleston (for now). I gave him the first part of my speech. His response? "Okay, that sounds fun."

And then we made some reservations and we're going at the end of April! I think it might be weird how excited I am for this trip.

Anyway, so that's my story for now.

1 comment:

  1. totally agree with you on the "New Year's Resolution" and "Life Goals" thing. A sure path to disappointment and self-blame, and most of us (or at least some of us) have way too much of that already. That said, it sounds like you're making some real progress on some of it. And remember, many many years from now, when you're gone and people are remembering you, they're not going to talk about how organized you were, or how skinny you were. They are going to talk about how much you loved your family, and how much fun you were to be with. So live your life, and the goals? Eh, do what you want, and ignore the rest. There's always tomorrow! (and that's why my house looks like an explosion in a box factory filled with dust/dog-hair rhinos...)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete