Guess who was the first little monster to catch Lily's eye. My crappy picture doesn't show it well, but it was actually saying 34 days until Sesame Street Safari of Fun.
Yeah, we'll be there. Duh.
Lily's been really into birds and ducks lately, and I know BG has lots of both.
I wanted to feed the ducks, but we didn't have any quarters. Ooops. So we had to settle for just watching the ducks and watching other people feed the ducks. Lily didn't seem to mind though.
There was a lot of pointing.

After the ducks, we went to my favorite place in Busch Gardens: the garden aviary.
It's very quiet and peaceful. Most people ignore it, or they go in and don't get it, so they leave right away. But it's a cool place to just hang out with some birds. You can point at them if you want to.
You can wave at them, too.
Lily decided it was time to go, took my hand, and said "up up." She does this a lot.
So we moved on. We took a break and had a snack. I snapped this picture. Can you tell she's cutting teeth?
I made stupid faces at her.
She was not impressed.
After our little break, we went looking for the apes. Lily's also been into monkeys lately, so I thought she might be interested in them. (We took the long way and walked all the way around the entire park to get there. You might think we'd have some idea of our way around by now. Sigh.)Oh, these aren't the real chimps, but Lily was intrigued.
She found his ears, and his nose, eyes, mouth, hair, and toes.
After that long walk, it was time to go home. I guess there was some big concert in the afternoon, and the park was really starting to get crowded.But it really was a lovely morning.
Awe how cute!! Love the pics! Wish we had fun cards for BG! Maybe after Sesame opens, we'll consider one!
ReplyDeleteShe is SO darn cute! I can't wait to see her again (so I'll REALLY try to get Spooky South Dakota done in time!) -- and you got some wonderful photos! (good thing she didn't inherit my bird phobia, isn't it? I'll try to hide it when she's around; I'd hate to have her "catch" it!)
ReplyDeleteLori
The stupid faces...Bahahhaha! We are all so guilty of doing that! I left you an award on my blog....swing by and pick 'er up!
ReplyDelete