Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Change of direction.

So you know I have that other blog? The one that I made for my ambitious one-year in pictures project. Three pictures a week, every week? Yeah. I don’t wanna do that anymore. How’s that for commitment? I made it all the way through the first month.

Well, I’m not going to scrap it entirely – it’s more like a modification. Three pictures every week isn’t doing it for me for two reasons: one, because I’m bored with it/it offers no creative challenge, and two, because most of the pictures are duplicates from this blog. Frankly, I just don’t have time to duplicate efforts. I’m not sure I know anyone who does.

The reason I keep up with this blog is honestly less for you and more for me. I enjoy it. I like thinking of stuff I should post, I like taking the pictures, I like writing (even if it’s just the stuff that rambles off my fingertips without much planning). It offers a creative challenge, and I need that in my life.

So what do I want to do with This Li’l Bit? I’m not sure on the details yet. I know I want to keep it, and I know I want it to be photography-related. I’m digging in deeper trying to learn photography, my camera, and photo editing. That’s all I know about that right now, but I felt like since I decided to hold myself accountable for meeting my goals to the four of you, then you at least deserved an explanation.

How am I doing on the other goals? Well, not so great.

Lose 20 pounds. Mixed results. Did not exercise consistently, did not establish evening routine like I hoped, but I am down another pound. Yay!

Be an organized person. Ooooh…..I’m going to have to post some before and after pictures. I did really well here this weekend. Khan and Lily went to St. Pete on Sunday, and I organized the guest room. Now I can walk in there.

Finish decorating the living/dining room. Eh, I didn’t really do anything in this department this week. I cleaned the area, but that’s pretty much it.

Scrapbook monthly. Ack! Still nothing!! So I missed January, and I guess that technically means I didn’t make my goal, but I decided that as long as I scrapbook twice some month, I’m good. My goal, my rules.

Finish Lily’s baby book. No progress. But I did find the leftover supplies that I’ll need when I cleaned the guest room.

Finish my “week in 3 pictures” project
Create some kind of photo-learning project. See above

Create a butterfly garden. Nope, no progress.

Take a family vacation. I changed my mind about Charleston. I’m thinking it’s not the best destination for Lils. I mean she’ll enjoy looking around, but she’ll stop to play with wood chips, etc., and I just don’t think we’ll get as much out of the trip because it’s not really anything for her.

Ok, if I’m being honest, it’s just because I want to go to Disney. I know we can go anytime, but I want to go to Disney for a few days, I want to go to several parks, and I want to stay on property.

But it is not my decision alone to make. So, either I can convince Khan, or we’re back to square one on vacation planning.

In other news, Lily’s been pretty funny lately.
She’s just talking and babbling and chatting and talking and babbling these days. This morning she woke up and said “goke bah boo dat!” Well, it was something like that, and it seeme d to make sense to her.

I’ve been worried because she says “buck” a lot. Like she just walks around saying “Buck. Buck. Buck.” Maybe she’s pretending to be a chicken, but maybe Mommy said something similar to that and she’s repeating it. I’m hoping for the former.

Two of her most frequently used words right now are “yes” and “brrr!”

It’s hilarious when she says “yes.” She nods her head, and says “Yes. Yes.” It’s very certain.

“Brrr” came around when it got cold outside, and then Nana said it on Skype one day. So now every time she see Nana, she says “brrr.” Or when she’s cold. Or yesterday at the doctor’s office when she saw the picture of Princess Jasmine. She said “brrr.” No kidding, Lils. Jasmine needs to put some freaking clothes on. Girlfriend must be cold in that little outfit she wears flying around the dessert sky.

So that’s my funny little girl this week.

1 comment:

  1. Kate - I love that you are so open about your goals and your progress, but you are much to hard on yourself. The fact that you haven't abandoned the entire list by now is a huge accomplishment. If it makes you feel better, I did not do the 365 project. I just knew I couldn't keep up with that. It's a neat concept, but I just don't have the time. Plus, I'd like to put losing my last 10 lbs ahead of that. Disney would be a fantastic vacation and you'd be surprised at how much Lily would enjoy it, even at her age. We took Cam for the 1st time at 18 months and it was a lot of fun, and it just gets more and more fun as they grow. Kudos to you for keeping your list and still tackling it...I wish I had your dedication and energy!

    ReplyDelete