Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another 2 for 1 day

Last weekend (as in right before the whole febrile seizure thing), I started two posts. First, I started what was going to be my "Tuesdays in Translation" post. I'll start with that one.

My plan was to keep my all-about-me theme going. Instead of telling you something cute that Lily said, I was going to tell you some of the things I said that I never thought I'd say. Like these:

"It's not nice to hit Daddy with a book."

"Kitty doesn't like it when you sit on her."

"Mommy is a big girl. Mommy doesn't want a binky."

"Kitty doesn't want it either."

"Uh-oh. We might break the computer if we stand on it."

"Do you want to watch Yo Gabba Gabba?"

"Uh-oh. Please leave your diaper on."

"Uh-oh. Lipstick isn't for painting."

"Does anyone know how to get lipstick stains out of a lampshade?"

"Please take your hand out of your diaper."

"Do you want to watch Elmo?"

"Good job getting dressed all by yourself! But your shirt goes over your head, not on your legs."

"More carrots? Really? Are you sure?"

"Oh, no no, Lily. That's Mommy's underwear. Lily wears a diaper."

You can imagine that this list gets longer every day.

Soooo..............moving on. So while I was holding that post for Tuesday, and after Lily went down for a late afternoon nap, I sat down to report back to you four how I'm doing on my goals for the year. Of course, I didn't get too far, but let's not go down that road again. Instead, I'll just pick up where I left off and finish this time.

Lose 20 pounds
I'm actually down 3 pounds! 17 to go! I'm not really convinced of my loss, though, because I didn't do very well. One day I had a too-hard-to-ignore craving for a Big Mac, which is weird, because I'm generally not a fan. (No, I am not pregnant.) That same day I had Skittles for my afternoon snack, and then I had pizza for dinner. I also haven't been a star on the bike yet. But, I did get on it a couple of times, and on a couple of the other days, Lily and I had a dance party instead. That's actually a better workout because she likes for me to pick her up and sing while we dance.

So, there's my confession. How do I plan to do better this week? Well, it occurred to me that just like a morning routine and a bedtime routine benefits me, perhaps I need an after-work-routine, and I'll work my 20 minutes of bike time or dance party into that. Wish me luck.

Be an organized person
Improvement here! I kept up with my planner this week and it really did help me manage the stress better. I just felt more in control of everything. I also tackled one organizing all of Lily's old clothes and toys, putting some away for possible future use, and donating the rest. It might not sound impressive, but it was.

Finish decorating the living/dining room
I even made some progress here. I've discovered something about myself: I suck at decorating. I used to think I was good at it, but I'm not. It's OK, you can't be good at everything, but there's a good chance that you know someone who is good at something you suck at, right? One friend helped me pick the colors for my house and another helped me figure out how to rearrange and make things work. Thanks, ladies.

Scrapbook monthly
Ack! You'd think I could at least do this one. I guess I'll just have to scrapbook twice next month.

Finish Lily’s baby book
No progress.

Finish my “week in 3 pictures” project
I've done my assignments for the last couple of weeks.

Create a butterfly garden
Only a little progress here. I emailed to try to set up time to get the help I need. That's it so far.

Take a family vacation
No progress. In fact, I might've put a dent in these plans with my whole "I'm going to fly off to New York" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment