Friday, January 15, 2010

Well, she can't always be the star, right?

Last night was another first for us as new parents -- the first recital of sorts. It was "winter gala" night at daycare, and each class came out on stage to sing songs.

Sure, I was excited. I didn't know what to expect. Lily doesn't really sing, but they've been practicing their songs every day. At home, when we do "itsy bitsy spider," Lily tries to do the motions with me and she sings "eehhhhh ehhhhh ehhhh." But with a crowd? On stage? Anything could happen. Of course we were there to capture it on film.

The toddlers were on deck first, and the toddler parents were advised to try to stay out of sight. Last year, when the toddlers saw their parents, well, it was a bit of a disaster.

So out they came. A couple of the kids loved the stage and the attention; they did the motions with big smiles.

My baby? She just sat there and stared.

I'd put the video up for you all to see, but really, it doesn't look any different the the photo. She's just there, staring at the people. I guess it's better than being the crying screamer, though.




The best part was the entrance. I was watching all the other kids in her class come out, but where was Lily? Then I saw Judy carrying Lily out. I knew where she had been. That damn slide. She loves that damn slide that's right by the door. I've been thwarted by that slide on more than one occasion.



1 comment:

  1. Look at that smile -- isn't loving the slide that much better than being a star? She's happy -- and that's, to borrow from Martha, a good thing! And she's cute, too! (if possible, could you send me a photo of her in her sweater from me? I forgot to photograph it before I sent it... duh...) Happy Lily, Happy Kate, right?

    And oh hey, why don't you list my wordpress blog in your list of blogs? My wordpress blog is supposed to be following your blog -- I just can't find it there on my dashboard or profile or anything. Yes, technologically challenged... sigh... it's hard being old; I'm not sure I recommend it!
    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete