Friday, January 1, 2010

I wanna do a "top 10" too.

Ahhh, yes. The end of the year/beginning of the next. It seems whatever show you're watching has no new material so instead they show you their own favorite moments of the year, the top internet search terms of the year, the top 100 songs of the year, the best moments on General Hospital. I want to play too.

So I bring you my top 13 pictures of Lily that you probably haven't seen. Around March/April, I started posting so many pictures in my Wednesday posts that it seemed like uploading the rest of the pictures just wasn't necessary, and frankly, doing both of these things, along with organizing and uploading pictures for my scrapbook pages just straight up takes a lot of time. So I'm doing my best to balance all of it, but I need to sleep or I turn into this.


So here we go.

Number 13 - Lily says hi. She waved at everyone. Around 10 months or so, everywhere we went, she waved. It made some people's day, I think, and it broke my heart when they didn't wave back.

Number 12 - Lily and Daddy play in the sand. When we took her to the beach, she played in the sand after the water. I love this picture because of how intently she filled her little bucket with sand, and of course, the fact that she was using a kitchen ladle that I grabbed in the mad rush out the door when I couldn't find her shovel.

Number 11 - Lily loves Greta. It was just so sweet on both parts. Greta was so good and tolerant of Lily.


Number 10 - From the birthday invitation photo shoot. You probably saw the picture on the invite, but it's not like there aren't 100 more. This was the runner-up.

Number 9 - Merry-go-round. This photo was supposed to be part of a Wordless Wednesday post about how going to the mall has changed. I used to go shopping and buy shoes or new jeans or something. Then I went shopping and bought new sleepers and jeans for Lily. Now we go to the mall and all we get to do is ride the merry-go-round and play in the play area. I guess it helps save money, but I do miss shopping.

Number 8 - Pictures in Great Grandma's chair. When we were in Wisconsin, we took some one-year portraits in this cute little chair that used to be my grandma's. They were gorgeous pictures; I love most of them, but for some reason, I never posted them. Weird. Anyway, this is my favorite of the bunch.

Number 7 - Binkies and bottles, oh my. Apparently, I'm breaking all the rules by letting Lily hang on to her bottle and her binky a bit longer. Khan and I tend to be of the "all kids are different" way of thinking, and so the 12-month cutoff for these things is just not a good enough reason for us. We'll push the issue when we feel it's time, and until then, well, you can see for yourself.

Number 6 - Just another Florida beach. You know what's really sad about this picture? I missed it too. I always say that you can't take too many pictures, but when you have so many that you don't even notice some of the greats, maybe it's time to rethink that philosophy. I love everything about this picture. Lily's gorgeous, the beach is gorgeous, and the sky is gorgeous too. The only bummer is that stupid pink towel. Too bad we didn't use one less distracting. Oh yeah, and that gorgeous sky dumped rain all over us on the way back to the car.

Ready for the top 5? Insert dramatic pause -- you're going to have to wait. (Ha ha, as though anyone's reading this live. I am funny.) I need to go to bed, so I will have to put the last 5 on hold for now. Or, you know, I'll turn into this:

No comments:

Post a Comment