Monday, June 23, 2008

Lily's new toy


Last Thursday, this little guy arrived on my doorstep. He was made by my great grandpa, John Nelson, for my Dad when he was a baby. Then, he belonged to me and my brothers. Now, Lily will have her turn. Just as soon as she can sit up on her own.

In other news, life is just fine. Lily’s doing well, she’s still a lazy girl. She moves and squirms enough to keep mama happy and not worrying about her. She gets the hiccups a lot – at least twice a day. Almost always in the morning and then randomly in the day or evening. I even got to hear her hiccups at my last doctor’s appointment. Party time is still 10:00 every night, but it doesn’t bother me. She can party if she wants to. I would appreciate it if she could try to keep her little feet out of my ribs, though.

For my part, I’m feeling pretty good most of the time. Sleeping is becoming more of a challenge, which seems so unfair because at the same time, I’m feeling more and more exhausted by lugging around this watermelon belly. But overall, it’s not bad. However, if one more person tells me to enjoy my sleep while I can, I might have to kick them because I’m not sleeping well right now, and I’m completely aware that infants don’t sleep through the night. But honestly, I really enjoy being pregnant. So, for the handful of weeks that I have left, I’m going to try to just enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty cool rocker for Lily! And being that it's passed down from generation to generation, makes it more sentimental and special. I can see she's going to have a lot of things that's passed down to collect! I'm still working on what to give my own kids to keep forever! No clue yet..

    ReplyDelete