Friday, June 13, 2008

I suck at yoga

So yeah, still going to that prenatal yoga class. 8 months along and never done yoga, but Michelle, our teacher, told me it wouldn't be too hard for me.

Well, she lied. It is hard, but it’s good, I like it. But I really suck at it. Tuesday night was my second class, and we’re doing this pose where we’re laying on our side and using the strap to stretch one leg out in the air. Most everybody has their leg way up high, almost 90 degrees and outstretched nice and straight, and then there’s Kate, in the back of the class with her leg raised at about a 20 degree angle and my knee is bent. And what’s worse is I can’t hold it there for long like everyone else does, I kept dropping my leg back down. Sad, sad. But I’m the furthest along in the class – and I’m really pretty sure I’m the only person who has never done this before – so I get lots of encouragement. They all say “You’re doing great, just keep trying.” Mmkay, not so much, but it feels good afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment