Thursday, January 23, 2014

My baby is one.

(Insert various clichés about how quickly time passes and how much babies change.)

(Follow clichés with me whining and crying about the truth behind them.)
Yup, hard to believe. It's been a heck of a year.

So, my bunny, my baby, my Brendan. At one year old you:

-Have the most endearing, heart-melting smile. With dimples.
-Rarely sit still.

-Never sit still if I want a picture.

-Love to empty all the accessible cabinets.

-Want to eat paper. SO BADLY,
-Are a pretty good eater of actual food. You don't seem to have many favorites, but you do like yogurt, fruit, and anything you can shovel in yourself.

-Are not very brave. Any shriek or cry from other babies, and you cry.

-Love toys with wheels.

-Love to do circles. This can best be explained with a video.

-Don't walk yet, but you cruise and you crawl. FAST.

-Don't use words yet, but you chatter and babble incessantly.

-Love peek-a-boo, so big, and the Baby Cakes book.

-DROOOOOL. Yes, it probably has to do with those seven teeth you're sporting, but when are you going to figure out how to keep it from just falling down your chin.

-Get frustrated several times a day. Everybody takes the stuff you want. Like paper.


-Adore your sister.
 

My baby, you add laughter and sweetness to every day. A year ago, I couldn't imagine what life would be like with you here. Today I can't imagine I ever lived without you. I love you so very much. 




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Dude~! You are a good looking guy! AND it MUST be a boy thing, my son LOVED to eat anything paper!

    ReplyDelete