First up, Lily's first day of school. It's not just plain 'ole daycare anymore. She has to go every single day. No more two whole days a week at home with Mama. Time for school supply lists, attendance requirements, and even homework.
I almost made it through the morning without crying. Almost.
| |
But of course we asked if we could find out.
The tech said she would give us an educated guess, but "don't start painting any walls." That said, I have a feeling she was pretty confident. She told us what she thought and why, and later on we got a different angle, and she said, "Oh yeah. It's a ____."
So, in an effort to be obnoxious but not quite to the level of the whole "gender reveal party" thing, we share the news with you in the same way we shared it with Lily. (Don't believe me about the parties? Google it. It's a thing.) If videos annoy you, scroll way down for the spoiler.
*keep scrolling*
*keep scrolling*
| |
And naturally, Lily had to paint, too. She actually did a pretty good job.
| |
So there you have it. Big girl. Baby boy. Painted walls. Something current on this blog. All on some random Tuesday in August.


Big news indeed!! congratulations on your big girl and your tiny boy
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Congratulations to you all! I hope Lily will love her little brother, and I'm sure she'll be a great big sister. We all know girl clothes are cuter, but boys have their good points too. Let's hope he grows up to be like his wonderful Daddy!! (The world needs more men like Khan!) And I'm sorry I've been missing your blog, but I just caught up and read them all, and I love the three cousins in their pillowcase dresses, and admire you for the patience it must have taken to get all three together and smiling. The baby chicks were cute, but when they grow up they peck at your feet so you really don't want one ) And belated Happy Father's Day to Khan and Happy Mother's Day to you, Kate!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I'm so happy for you. Welcome to the world of mothering a boy.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!! That was awesome doing the video! And Lily looks like such a big girl for prek:)
ReplyDeleteSo I am just now getting caught up and the first post I see I am informed that 1) you are PREGNANT! and 2) it's a BOY! Holy canoli, congrats to you all! This just made my day! So awesome!!
ReplyDelete