Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chickens and the beach. On Father's Day.

Let's just pretend this post is even a little bit timely, mmkay? Because it's not, but for some reason I want to post it. And it's my blog.

So for Father's Day we made a visit to St. Pete to see Khan's dad because it was his day, too, after all. But personally, I just wanted to go visit my sister-in-law's new baby chickens. They just got four chicks, and I missed the first visit to see them. I forget their names, but I think this one might be Buttercup.
Look how cute! Don't you just want one of your own? I do. But ooohhh nooo, stupid HOA and its stupid rules. And then there's the fact that we don't have a coop in our 4-foot-yard. And we don't know jack about raising chickens.
But look how cute!
And hard to catch = endless entertainment.
After visiting the baby chicks Khan's dad, we went to the beach. Lily got a new kite, and we were ready to fly it. What better place than the beach, right? (Forgive the crappy pictures.)

And that was true enough -- the beach was the perfect place to fly a kite.
The only problem is that there are so many OTHER things to do at the beach, too. Lily had her kite up for about 14 seconds when she decided she wanted to build a sandcastle. Or collect shells. Or go swimming. Or anything else. Poor Khan just wanted to fly the kite.
And she was REALLY excited to take her $1 store mermaids for a swim in the ocean.
I attempted to take pictures of the sunset.

Then I decided to try to get one of those really cool silhouette shots agains the sunset -- maybe one where Daddy is holding his little girl up in the air or something. How perfect would that be for Father's Day, right?

But it turns out I don't know how to do that. "expose for the sky" is just not enough instruction for a remedial student.
So this was what I got instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment