(I have to confess that this post is mostly because I'm losing my mind. My sweet baby has given new meaning to "the terrible twos" in recent days, and I need a cuteness fix. Poor Bacca has been here to witness the worst of it. Oh, and "Bacca" is her name for my dad.)
Anyway.......
My child loves to serve lunch, cookies, or tea. (But not with the ferocity with which she refuses to put her freaking clothes on in the morning. And I'll stop my whining and complaining with that.)

It is very important to her to line everything up just so.

One morning, she served her cookies, cupcakes, and tea, but she had to be dressed more appropriately. First as Cinderella and then in her "Abby Dabby" dress. (I didn't have the camera out for the Cinderella dress.)


Because we all wear our tutus in the kitchen, don't we?

And then she wanted to change to her fairy dress.



Complete with magic wand.

Later, it was time for cooking in Mommy's kitchen.

Ok, I had best explain this a little bit. (And I may have to delete these pics shortly because there are some sickos out there in the interwebz.)
I usually make dinner on Mondays as I'm home all day doin' nothin' but eatin' bon bons and watching General Hospital. But, I suck at cooking, and the only thing that lends me any success is the Crock Pot. It's like the magical hat of cooking; you just throw random stuff together and several hours later, out comes dinner.
Lily and I made a very simple pulled pork, which included dumping in a bottle of bbq sauce (that's the reason I made her take off her fairy dress) and squeezing in the juice of a whole orange (and that's the reason for shades, or rather, the "eye protection" in this case.)
First she had to clean the counters because that's just her way.


Later that day, it was Play Doh time and she was making cookies.


Except when she got mad at me for disobeying her rules. Then she had to set me straight.

And just like that, she was back to being the happy hostess.
OK, so she doesn't like clothes. If I liked my body, I'd run around the house naked in hot weather. And probably get arrested... She's very good at lining things up, and her manners are excellent. She gives wonderful tea parties! Wish I could come for one! I would wear a tutu in my kitchen if I had one. Or a fairy dress, especially if a wave of the wand could create delicious food. She may have something there... She's such a doll! (And so are you, Katie girl!)
ReplyDelete