Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A story too cute to keep to myself.

Lily is gonna hate this story one day.

Even so, I have to tell it.

So Bacca was here and I forced him to go to Disney with us. (More on our visit later, and most of these photos are his.)

Spring Break is at its peak nationwide, and Disney was CROWDED. Our last stop of the day was to visit the princesses. We were all tired, but it had to be done. The wait was more than an hour.

That's right, 65 minutes. And we did it.

We had a few distractions and some entertainment like snacks and stickers. But mostly we just waited.
It was finally our turn, and I fully expected Lily to walk right up to Aurora like she did with all the other princesses. But she just stood there and shook her head.

Pretty sure the princesses have seen this before, so Aurora came over and tried to get Lily to come say hi.
But Lily wasn't having any of it. We did the best we could and tried to move on.
I mean, Cindy was just standing around, waiting to be adored.
So I picked her up, ready to bring her over myself. We didn't wait 65 minutes for nothing, dammit.

And then I knew what the problem was.

Lily said to me, "I poopy, Mommy."

My poor baby. Potty training has been going pretty well, and now she's gotten to a point where she gets ashamed.

I said, "That's okay, Love. We'll just say hi to Cinderella and then we'll get cleaned up."

And then she broke my heart. She said, "Cinderella no like poop."

Cinderella no like poop.

I assured her we'd be fine, and put her on my hip (please, not a blowout), and tried to make the best of the situation. Smile for the camera.
After Cinderella, we had a quick hello with Belle, but it was more for me than her, apparently.
When we left, I said, "Maybe we'll go see the princesses another time."

Lily agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment