Saturday, March 12, 2011

A call for daddy between meltdowns.

So Khan went off to the walk-in clinic this morning because he canceled his appointment yesterday with an actual doctor, and I don't think either of us can wait until Monday for him to deal with the cough and the snot and the whatnot. Real doctor or faux, I don't care at this point.

While he was gone, Lily and I had an epic battle, but I am pleased to announce that I won. I had to pick her up and place her in her room with flailing limbs, streaming tears, and screaming lungs -- NINE times. Yes, nine. Good times!

After a long period to chill, she was playing again. She picked up her phone and announced she was calling her daddy. She had the funniest conversation with her pink cell phone. I tried like hell to remember it as I grabbed the computer to write it down. By the time I had it open, she was making a second call, and here it is, verbatim.

“Daddy? where are you? anybody there? I home now. Lily and Mommy play all at home now. I play with these my puzzles and my blocks and my these and make a castle. Makin a castle. Daddy go doctor get all better. Ok."


And after that moment of cuteness, another meltdown over a broken castle.



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...cuteness - it makes the meltdown forgettable doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason most of us survive to adulthood is that at some point in our babyhood and toddler years, we were cute and/or funny. Otherwise mothers would eat their children and our race would become extinct. Lily is darling when she's not having a meltdown or a tantrum or refusing to wear all her cute clothes! (she'll be so happy to see that the package for her from Overstock is -- CLOTHES!)

    ReplyDelete