So Nana decided she just had to see and feed birds at Busch Gardens while she was visiting.
First up was Big Bird. Nana says he heckled her and made fun of her shoes.

I dunno. Does this look like the face of a heckler to you?

We didn't actually get to see many other birds that day, we just ran out of time. But, the weather changed our beach day to a Busch Gardens day and Nana had a second chance. You might've thought the rain would've ruined our day. Not at all. No crowds AND we got to wear super cool rain gear.
So Nana got to feed her birds and she was happy.

I can't believe I'm posting this picture of my horse teeth. But, yeah, birds on Nana's head.


Again, Lily was quite wary of these little birds.

Busch Gardens also just opened a new attraction with kangaroos. I hadn't seen it yet because you have to be 5 or older to get in, and I just don't think Lily can pass for that, even if I had a fake ID for her.
So Nana and I went. Kangaroos are different up close and in person than I expected. But then again, everything I know about kangaroos came from this guy.

(You don't remember Hippety Hopper? From Looney Tunes? Really? He was the best.)
Anyway. here's a real kangaroo.

Funny looking critters.


But you can pet them and feed them! So Nana had fun with that.


And wallabies too.


And I tried to get a good picture of a hopping kangaroo. I was not successful. They give no warning when they are about to hop, and they're fast.
This was the best I could do. But, we can go back anytime. Even tomorrow, if we wanted to, so I'll have another try.
you got some really great shots from the kangaroos!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Looks like a fun time at BG.
ReplyDeleteDeirdre's right about the kangaroo shots, and the oh-so-cute wallabies. But I must say I'm with Lily about those birds. I wouldn't even be THAT close to the monsters (can it be that you've never seen "The Birds?" You must. It will change your views....) Darling Lily has darling cousins too (but none as cute as she is! Yeah, I'm biased...)
ReplyDeleteYour "horse teeth" line cracked me up. You look so happy in that picture. I love it. You took some awesome kangaroo shots! We snuck Cam in when we went back in August...that was one of her favorite parts of the park. We'll have to meet there sometime.
ReplyDelete