A week ago or so, we went to Lily's parent-teacher conference. Don't laugh. I'm not overly worried that she doesn't know shapes as well as she knows colors, but it is nice to hear a little about the days we're not together.
Anyway - not for the first time - we got the comment, "She's very independent."
I said "Sure. It's kind of the nature of toddlers, right?" Then I just got a look, and "Well, let's just say she's nobody's pushover."
That's my girl. Along with that independent/opinionated streak comes her own very unique sense of style. See below.
She loves pink. She loves dresses. She loves to wear pink dress and say "I twihl (twirl), mommy. My go in cih-cos, (circles) mommy. "

She does not like to twirl and go in circles in her pink dresses when I take the camera out.

Unless she's the photographer. Then she's happy.


She also likes to wear the tutu that's too big for her.

She doesn't mind its size. She just likes the poofiness, I think.

And she LOVES her "Cinderella" shoes even though they're too big.

I found this little fairy outfit for her at the outlet mall. It wasn't just that I thought it would be fun for dress up.
I have scrapbook paper that will match this perfectly. (Yes. really). And I'm dying to use it, so naturally, she refused to try the outfit on every time I asked. Until one day when she decided she wanted to wear it. I got all excited, grabbed my camera, and tried to take some pictures.
Could she look at me even one time? For just one picture?

Nope. But she could look at herself in the mirror, which might be a cute picture if my mirror were even a little bit clean.

What does a fairy dress with wings need? A monkey jacket, of course.

Sigh.

And shades!

Well, I wouldn't have put this ensemble together, but I think she pulls it off.
she is DEFINITLY a fashionista! LOVE the last one where she is walking away, haha
ReplyDeleteSo cute! That last photo is precious, and I think you should just go ahead and scrap book them...this is toddlerhood.
ReplyDelete