Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A low-key kind of birthday.

There had been plans made to celebrate Khan's birthday. However, my crash with the wall and resulting gimp foot scaled everything back.

Which, as it turned out, was exactly how he wanted to spend his birthday. (Or, he was just lying to make me feel better, and I love him for that, too.)

So we had a cake. Considering the house is decorated for Halloween already, I went with it. I suppose this is the curse of those born too near a holiday. I picked out the cake.

Lily chose the plates.



It's all fun and games until you get frosting on your elbow. Drah-mah.
Ok, so that was actually the night before the birthday. On the actual birthday, after every suggestion I could think of, Khan wanted to stay home and be lazy. Easy enough to oblige that request.
We walked around the neighborhood a little. (Sorry for the crappy out of focus shots here.)

We played dress up. When I tried to wear the white hat, Lily gave me a horrified look and said. "No. Daddy's." Well, you can't argue with that, I suppose.
She had to make phone calls. You know how busy toddlers are.
Plotting the next game, we played Lily's version of hide-and-seek. Now you see them.
And now you don't.
Now you see them.
And now you don't.
Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Happy birthday, baby. Love you more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment