Saturday, September 4, 2010

Portaiture will never be my thing.

No matter how badly I want it to be.

This is (finally) the last of my posts from my midwest trip. (The video was posted by Khan. Poor guy was bored and archiving old files.)

So yeah. Even with our pro pics, I thought I'd try to take some portraits of Lily in her great grandma's chair again this year. It didn't go as planned.

I just wanted ONE perfect picture. Not asking too much, right?

Wrong.

Cute smile. Too bad she's not looking at the camera and lost a hand. Nice composition, Kate.

The best I could do to get her to look near the camera was to enlist Khan's help in "catch the binky."

I'd hoped that she might offer me the flower. That'd be a cute portrait, right?

We'll never know.



Get the flower, mom.
What happened to my hand?

Best I could do, right here.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! The hand thing cracked me up. I don't know, I think journalistic pics are so much more inviting to look at, so that said, it's awesome that you rock at it. Love that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good at portraiture? Then why is each and every photo of Lily so absolutely priceless? I love them all!

    ReplyDelete