Labor Day weekend was party weekend at our house.
No, really, it was. Yes, I realize my story is a bit dated. Go with it.
First up was Marina's birthday party, part 4. If you know Marina, you know that her birthday is much more of a season than a day, and you'd best not miss out on all of it. So, just like picture make-up day, we had a birthday party do-over.

Marina said that the only thing missing from all her other birthday parties was a cake with candles.
We fixed that.

Lily accepted that it was "Rina's birthday party" surprisingly well, and "Rina" shared her birthday party surprisingly well.

We checked in with Tere's nephews on her iphone, you know, the video one on the commercials. How cool is that?

We had Saturday to recover from one party and by Sunday we were ready for the next. Khan's cousins were visiting from Michigan, and everyone got together at our place.

Tey and her husband just got a new DSLR, and so I got to talk about cameras a lot like I know what I'm talking about. The blind leading the blind, my friend. That's what this is.

I guess we need more table space.


All of Lily's cousins were there, too. And therefore, all of Lily's toys came out from hibernation.


The boys played in the kitchen
where they belong.


And the girls played with the dollhouse.



By the end of the evening there were lots of laughs and lots of smiles. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. (Sorry, Tey.)

Yeah, lots of smiles. ;-)

And some especially adorable good-bye kisses.
Oh my- Lily's cousins are as beautiful as she is. How sweet to see them all playing-
ReplyDeleteDitto what Nan said! And the videos were darling too -- love Lily's made-up song that included "Daddy!" every once in a while. She does know what is hers, doesn't she? but she was wonderful (at least in photos) about sharing her toys with her cousins. I'm glad she has cousins -- and sorry I didn't give you any (but you'd have hated their uncle if I had...) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat first picture is so cute! It looks like you are one heck of a hostess! I'll have to remember that it's always party-time at your house!
ReplyDelete