Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My stepmom grows pretty flowers.

I have no real story to share here; this is just photos for the fun of it.

I spent a lot of time in my dad and stepmom's yard because it's gorgeous. My stepmom puts a helluvalotta work into her gardens, and it shows. (I just hope she takes the time to enjoy her work.)

One morning, I sat myself down and just played with my camera. I adore macro work, though I don't know the details of photographing, well, the details. So I just practiced close-ups, and enjoyed my stepmom's hard work.


She put in a few fountains here and there. Nothing garish, just simple and pretty.
There are raspberry bushes.

And a veggie garden.

And so many birds. Several bird feeders keep this joint hoppin' all day.
(I really wanted to get a photo of a robin and a chipmunk. I got my robin, but I never did get the chipmunk. Elusive little critters.)


Of course there are flowers. Pink flowers.

Yellow flowers.


Purple flowers.

Multi-colored flowers.

White flowers.

Where there be flowers, there be bees.

Lily was less interested in nature and more interested in the swing.

She let us take turns pushing her. (Read: she told us who she wanted to push her and when.)
I love that she still does the sign for "more."

The dogs spend a lot of time enjoying their yard, too.




They even encourage their mama to do the same.






4 comments:

  1. Awesome garden! I felt like I was in one of those magazines featuring the top ten this and top ten that. Wish we had such green thumbs. You figure that Florida would be easy right...not so much. Everything burns to a crisp. Next post will have evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I LOVE your picture taking skills Kate (or Khan)!! Your stepmom sure has some gardening skills!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Did you get a macro lens? The theme this week at Paper Mama is Flowers. If you have a pic with a kid & flower together then you should enter...you could win with these! See my blog for the linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All caught up now. Glad I got to see your great trip. Nothing showed up after July...so I missed all the August stuff. "Follow?" Yeah, works great. LOL.

    ReplyDelete