Friday, August 6, 2010

The land of 10,000 lakes.

Or so they call it. Pshah.

Anyway, one lazy afternoon we went off to one very beautiful Minnesota lakeside park, complete with a sandy beach.

Lily was all about the sand.



But she wanted someone to play in the sand with her.
Luis was the lucky winner.



Meanwhile, Nana and I laid our heads on real grass and looked to the clouds.

Did I mention how amazing the weather was on vacation? If you know me, you know I'm not really an outdoor girl, but cabin fever is in full force in Florida, and I enjoyed every second of a beautiful midwest summer.
I saw a bunny. This is me demonstrating the bunny for my mother. Perhaps I've been spending too much time with a toddler?

Khan and Lily got in on the cloud game, too.

And then Khan tried to get Lily to explore lake water that isn't infested with prehistoric reptiles.
Meh....she wasn't so impressed. (Don't take it personally, Minnesota. She is used to white sand beaches and crystal clear Gulf water.)
I decided to practice taking pictures of the sun. I don't know why.


Time for a break to sit on the grass.
(love this pic)
Wait, grass is fun!




Eventually it was time to go. Getting Lily's clothes on seemed to be going well, until she decided to make a break for it. I debated posting any of these pictures, but it's just too funny not to, and this one seemed okay enough.

But if only you could see the gleeful giggly smile as she ran down the sidewalk.


5 comments:

  1. She is SUCH a darling! Suddenly I'm very sorry I spent that day with Shari at MOA instead of at the lake with all of you! thank you for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures Kate!! Glad you had some quality time with family over there! Lily is getting big! Still adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is a beauty! Great pictures!!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture is so precious and I also love the picture of Lily and Khan looking at the clouds! I'm envying your editing skills...seriously, where did they come from?

    Ohhh, and real grass? Sans fire ants? So jealous!

    ReplyDelete