Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Minnesotan antiques and vineyards

One of the first vacation tasks was to get Lily in touch with her Swedish roots.

That was the plan. Instead we found lost treasures in antique stores and, yes, wineries. Sounds like a fun day for a two-year-old, no?

Don't feel too sorry for her. She had fun. (The cool thing about being a terrible two is that you can make anything fun.)

So we went to Lindstrom, Minnesota. It was, or could be again, a cute little town with a Swedish heritage flair. It turns out that much of that flair has become chriopractic practices and insurance offices on Main Street.


Bummer. But we did find a couple of antique shops to peruse and try out sitting on different chairs.

Shari, Lori, and I went inside to look for something. I forget what we were looking for. Was it a Mickey Mouse thing?
Nana and Lily stayed outside to find mischief on the veranda.

Lily found a birdhouse and a watering can. Somehow, they made a game.

As usual, I have no idea what the game was. Nana seemed to get it, though.


On the way home, we made an impromptu stop at a winery.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

After making some selections, the owners let us play in the vineyards for awhile.

So Lily played, and I took pictures. My camera frustrates me.

Actually, it's not the camera that irritates me. It's the sun. Seriously, Sun. Come out of the clouds or stay behind them, I don't care, but quit switching. I'm too slow and You made me miss some cute shots. Here's a few that I liked, though.




The day was fruitful, though. Lily/Nana picked up the most adorable little piece of furniture ever at the antique shop.
And I got some wine. All's well.

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of Lily walking down the vineyard, and the wine/chalk picture...that was creative!

    I have Swedish heritage too, but the closest I get to exploring it is a short stack of swedish pancakes!

    ReplyDelete