Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Double shot

I meant to post some of these a couple of weeks ago, but well, you know. I do the best I can.

Anyway, a coupla Mondays ago, I decided Lily and I would have an arts and crafts day.

First up, play doh.




No? I can't eat it?


Next up, window crayons. What a cool thing from Crayola.



The crazy bedhead just adds that special something to her crazy art, no?

Then we moved on to finger painting. We had to make a birthday card for Daddy.


She eyes her work critically.


She's not pleased. Ah, it is hard to be a perfectionist.


Moving on.

A couple of weeks later, we decided to go to the pumpkin festival in Bradenton.


We had planned to meet up with my friend, Carol and her family. This is Camdyn, her amazingly sweet 3-year-old. Cam loved Lily's pigtails.


Ugh, but it was way too hot. Forgive me, but WTF? Too hot for a pumpkin festival? Ugh, what was I thinking when I moved here.


Khan and Lils chilled out with a pink lemonade. Oh, she loved that lemonade.



I was determined to get some kind of fall themed photos for our effort, though. If I could've gotten her to even glance up at me, ah...well, oh well.


2 comments:

  1. Loved that critical look on her when creating her dad's birthday card! How cute! Yeah, pumpkin patches here are not as great...no hayrides, no nothing. And you're right, it's hot! By the way, I love Crayola materials!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like she loves art projects! So cute! Do the window crayons really stay on just the window? I was afraid of trying them because I didn't know if Cam would distinguish between the window and the wall.

    PS: Not sure if I've ever referred to the child as Amazingly Sweet...I suppose she is, on a good day :) Oh, to be 3!

    ReplyDelete