Monday, October 5, 2009
"No."
Lily's learned a couple of new words since I last updated on her language development. Soon to be a new favorite of hers, I'm sure, is "no."
She's been shaking her head for "no" for quite some time, but yesterday we started hearing it, too. I thought, oh, that's cute. And then I thought, I wonder how long it'll take before that's not cute anymore. A couple of hours later, when I was about to change her diaper, she grabbed the diaper, I asked her to give it to me, and she said, "no." Hmmmm...that didn't take long at all.
And this is just for my official Tuesday records with a couple of new words, but here's my current list of her productive vocab:
"shhh" (for shoe)
Out
"booh" (for book)
No
Hi
Uh-oh
Mama (for mama)
mama (for mum mum crackers)
Dada
Nana (for Nana)
nana (for banana)
Bubba (for all four-legged furry creatures)
Buh-bye
Eddie
Up up
"Ah dah" (for all done)
And she signs:
Milk
More
Eat
All done
Her made-up sign for "I'm hurt"
Other:
She waves hi and bye
She wags her finger to say "uh unh uh" for "no"
She shakes her head "no"
She puts her finger to her mouth and says "shush"
And that's what Lily's talkin' 'bout this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment