She took long naps on Monday, and by evening, she looked like this.
Her fever was up, but it was down by morning. I thought she was feeling better. I gave her some peaches and waffles for breakfast, followed by some milk. When she was done nursing, she sat up and gave me a funny look. Then she barfed all over herself, me, and the sheets. She's always been a spitter, but this was different. I don't have pictures, but if you've seen the Exorcist, you have a pretty good idea of what happened.
So I put her in the baby jail while I changed myself and the sheets. Ironically, Kitty had jumped in there a few minutes earlier to get away from her. Too bad Kitty doesn't know how to jump back out. Tee hee.
Some Tylenol, long naps, and lots of cuddling later, she was ready for a little playtime in the evening.
Look! She doesn't just share her germs and her vomit with me. I get blocks too. Proof positive that motherhood has its rewards.
Awe, sorry to hear she's sick. Can't escape it these days. Hope she feels better and that mommy and daddy are too....because I know unhappy babies do make unhappy parents :(
ReplyDeleteI hope she's all better now, Kate. Nothing worse than sick babies. There's an old saying, "When the cook's not happy, ain't nobody happy" but I think it should be revised: when the baby's not happy, nobody's happy! Poor little sweetie! She didn't mean to spew! It does happen though. It sounds like she got past it fast. More darling photos! Looking forward to the end of the month. Now if we can just convince Aunt Shari that MOA will always be there, and babies don't enjoy entire days of shopping... we can all enjoy the days! Love, Lori
ReplyDelete