Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Imagine going to sleep then waking up here

That's what we did to our poor sweet baby Lily. I know I was going to try to do Wednesdays without words, but c'mon. This requires a little explanation, no?

This wall was probably one of the first things she saw.


Looking around...so we've got scary clowns, Christmas lights, old Hollywood photos, scary dolls,


Is that a train?


Even the tables don't provide relief from the visual madness. Glass top tables encase a box full of random holiday paraphernalia and creepy monkey dolls.



WTF? Where am I?


Sorry, love. This is the Bubble Room on Captiva Island.


Am I wrong or does it look like a cutesy fun place from the outside?


Oh yes. I was wrong. It's sort of like walking into a terrible nightmare.


Tim Burton's inspiration for the new Alice movie, perhaps?


So why didn't we walk in and walk right back out?
Simple.
Cake. The best cake I've ever had in my entire life. Yellow cake with orange cream cheese frosting and almond/brown sugar/orange cream cheese frosting filling. Yum.

And then we left. Next time, I think we'll just get our cake to go.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, what a scary place!! I'll remember to NOT go there if we're ever in that area. Do they deliver cakes or do drive through pick-up? The cake's GOT TO BE that good for me to step in there...LOL!

    ReplyDelete