She stole my heart again. I know I owe a Christmas recap and a whole lotta pictures, but this just can't wait. Look how cute she is with her little Shih-tzu do. And she must be feeling so much better because she's just full of giggles and smiles today.
But something big happened. (Well, it's big for me.) She's finally really figured out that Mama is attached to her food source. From the day she was born, I waited and waited for her to look up at me while she was nursing. In my head, the vision of nursing was a baby gazing up at mama and mama gazing back. In reality, my little piglet looked straight ahead, never looking up, always staying focused on the task at hand. Today, I laid her down the same as always, and she opened up and got ready to chomp. But then she was distracted and she saw me. She pulled back and giggled. And she cooed, gurgled, and giggled at me for a bit, and then remembered she was hungry and got ready to nurse. But she saw me and wanted to play again. This went on for a bit and I wondered if she was going to eat or not!
I've waited five months for this, and it was just the coolest thing -- one of those wildly rewarding mommy moments.
Awe, I love the little hair do! Adorable!! She has such a cute smile too!! That's great that you are still able to nurse her this long!! What a great accomplishment!
ReplyDelete