He's not just an awesome Daddy, he's also a wonderful husband. He came home a touch earlier than usual tonight. I was putting the milk away, and Lily was hanging out in her exersaucer. We had only been home a few minutes ourselves. He had tulips in one hand. Tulips are my fave.
"Tulips?" I asked.
He raised the other hand to show me, "And champagne and Taco Bell."
I smiled. I knew we were celebrating something. Champagne and Taco Bell is our traditional celebratory dinner.
"It's January 27th, " he said.
In my defense, it was less that I forgot and more that I didn't even know what the date was. An hour earlier, I wrote a check for day care and put down January 24th.
January 27th, 2006, was the day he asked me to be his wife. The day we started down the path that has brought us here. The last three years have been the best of my life, no question about it.
Can't wait for whatever come next. Love you more today than yesterday, baby.
Awee...a great father, a great husband, and a great brother...
ReplyDelete